Wednesday 5 November 2008

Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding reveals all about her terrifying car crash


Sarah Harding shouldn’t be Aloud out on our roads – especially after she spilled the beans to us about her recent terrifying car crash.
Fortunately the Girls Aloud star emerged unscathed following a head-on collision with a double-decker bus – aside from a banged bumper and a very dented ego, that is!
We caught up with the bubbly blonde at the Music Industry Trust Awards at London’s Grosvenor Hotel on Monday, when she told us the accident happened because events had been driving her to distraction.
Sarah said: “I had a nark on. I was moving house, we had the builders in and my mum was down to visit.
“I jumped into the Range Rover and because I’m only just getting used to the new roads around my house, drove up a one-way street.
“Unfortunately, there was a bus hurtling down the other way. It rammed my car into these bollards on the side of the road.
“My tyres burst, the alloys are trashed and everyone on the bus had to get off because it had totally blocked the road.

“It was awful – plus I was so embarrassed.
“Then, after that, I got a hire car out and someone bumped straight into me. So all in all I’d say it’s been the worst week of my life.
“I needed a drink tonight!”
No wonder Sarah, who looked fabulous in a purple silk frock, was tucking into the white wine and rose champagne at the star-studded Awards, where other guests included the Sugababes, Mika, Alesha Dixon, U2 and James Morrison.
Still, Girls Aloud – minus Nadine Coyle who was in LA – had plenty to celebrate. Their fifth album, Out Of Control, is at No.1.
Nicola Roberts was even seen dancing on a chair to Take That’s Rule The World. Cheryl Cole was the first to leave while Sarah braved it out till 2am, drinking in the nearby China Tang restaurant. A Girl after our own hearts…


No comments: